Monday, January 31, 2011

Arabic Alphabet Lapbook



I was really excited to try this project that a friend of mine showed me. I took two file folders and stapled them together, then make a bunch of small booklets and glued them on. Every day were gonna do a couple of new letters of the Arabic alphabet (but not in order) and then learn a couple new islamic terms inshaAllah. If Yusuf sees the arabic alphabet (in proper order) he knows all the letters but he has a hard time recognizing them on their own. I love having homeschooling friends to get great ideas from alhamdulillah! =)





6 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 such a great idea mashaAllah :) A really needs to learn her letters. We missed Yusuf at arabic class today, the teacher said he missed him too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so enlightening, that your son has trouble recognizing them out of order. I thought it was just a learning disability Khaled has, but apparently its common in children! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya! its really typical for kids when they start learning letters / learning to read... because the alphabet is usually sung to them they memorize that quickly but its alot harder to have letter recognition :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just typical for kids I guess. Even adult beginners (like me) have problem recognizing the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your idea. I think I'm going to start this project (arabic alphabets) with him. Jazakillahu khair for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mashallaah this looks fab! Do u hav any of the pics u used for each letter to share by any chance? Jazaakillaah khayr

    ReplyDelete