Friday, January 11, 2013

Work Boxes

I am super excited for something new that we have started! Work boxes!
My friend recently told me about this system and I have spent the last couple of days going through blogs and youtube videos about it.  I have to admit I think its a little too strict, and were not following it exactly, but  weve tweeked it to work for our family and Im sure well tweek it a few times along the way.
You can check out the original idea here.
InshaAllah I plan on updating what type of things well be doing with our workboxes.
Today was our first day and heres what they look like:


Yusufs box included:
Reading log (hes working on reading 100 books to an adult)
Puzzle of Canada
Math U See worksheet
Jummuah Journal
Stamps and ink pad

Ibraheems box included:
Reading log (he is working on reading 50 books with an adult)
Dry erase workbook
Trucks Puzzle
Geometry Puzzle
Stamps and ink pad

What I love about this system is that it only takes me about 10-15 minutes max every night to set it up.  I don't have to put that much effort into thinking what Ill fill the folders with.  Alhamdulillah we have tons of activities in our homeschooling room from puzzles to blocks to craft supplies etc which I can use.  [Its also a way I can use all those awesome ideas Ive collected on Pinterest!]
Also, I feel it will help us stay organized and motivated!  And, one of my favourite things is that I hope inshaAllah it will foster a sense of independent learning and self motivation from the boys.

Anyways, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Such organization will filter down and direct the boys into an beneficial work ethic.

    Sounds good to me.......

    ReplyDelete