Monday, November 12, 2012

What I wish someone would have told me...


I wouldn't have believed what I wish someone had told me. I was so busy listening to the 'experts' that I almost missed out on many learning experiences. I wish that someone had told me that I am the expert. I am the only person qualified to make the important judgments necessary to teach my son.

I had all the "experts" in the school system telling me why homeschooling isn't the best thing for him. i had all the "experts" in the family telling me how damaging this move was going to be for my son. i had all the 'experts" selling me expensive curricula. 

I have come to the realization that all of these people have their opinions, but none of them lives with my son daily. None of them has cried over the difficulty he had in school (or cried tears of joy over his achievements) . None of them loves him as I do. There are no experts. Others can offer advice that might be helpful, but no one knows what I know about my own children. 
-Sue Chris Carty, homeschooling mom

No comments:

Post a Comment