Friday, November 9, 2012

Hajj Diaries Cont'd


To read previous post, click here.

Friday, October 28, 2011  
Around 10am
Madinah Airport


Madinah Airport.
The planes and buses use the same road

We just got off our fourth plane!  SubhanAllah it has been a very long and tiring journey!  We are exhausted now and waiting for our bus to take us to our hotel.  After we check into our hotel, shower, hopefully we will rest and then go to the mesjid inshaAllah.  

My appetite is slowly returning alhamdulilah and I am getting more excited. But I think the exhaustion is just making me numb of too many emotions.  


We can see mountains all around us. I find mountains to be such a humbling creation.  I am reminded of the ayah in Surah Hashr:

"If We had sent down this Qur'an upon a mountain, you would have seen it humbled and coming apart from fear of Allah . And these examples We present to the people that perhaps they will give thought." [Hashr: 21]
Mountains in Madinah

When I see a mountain, I think of how huge and strong it is, yet Allah says if the Quran had been revealed on it, it would have crumbled out of the fear and humility.  And if we compare ourselves to a mountain, we are so small and weak.  Do we humble ourselves when we read and hear Allah's word?  Do we give it the respect and weight that it deserves?  I pray Allah SWT helps us to give the Quran it's right, and that He makes it a witness for us, and not against us, Ameen. 

Love,
Momma


I like the palm trees





No comments:

Post a Comment