Tuesday, September 15, 2015

That Time of Year Again!

Its that time of year again when I kinda become jakyll hyde-ish.  One moment Im super pumped and ready to take on another year of homeschooling, the next Im seriously freaking out thinking Im ruining my kids and considering which would be the best school to put them in.

My emotions are greatly triggered by senses.  When I feel and smell the cooler September air, the flashbacks begin of all the great things we've done along our homeschooling journey.  But then I see cutely dressed kids with their new back packs and lunch boxes and think maybe my kids would be better off going to school too.

*sigh*  ......motherhood

Im beginning to learn, understand, and truly accept that no matter what we do in life, well always be making mistakes, but learning and improving too.

Im also realizing that because I chose to homeschool, I (mistakenly) thought that things would be sooo much smoother and in my control compared to if the kids went to school.  I was in for a rude awakening and I believe that is what was / is to blame for so much of my crankiness.   When I learn to let go of my expectations of perfections and embrace that my kids and I are going to make mistakes together and inshallah learn through them and become stronger and closer, then... Im ok.

So heres to making tons of mistakes, but accepting that its okay.
Because mistakes are proof that were trying.

Here's to waking up on the wrong side of the bed, but also waking up to snuggles n cuddles.

Here's to having kids that excel in some areas, but struggle in others.

Here's to regrets, but also to accomplishments.

Here's to feeling like were drowning, to feeling like were on top of the world.

Here's to good days and bad.

But most importantly, here's to embarking on this journey together as a family.
Alhamdulillah. <3


1 comment: