Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Magnets and Water

Alhamdulillah for the last few months we have been attending Arabic and Science classes for homeschoolers.  This has been a huge help for me and makes me feel less guilty on days that I don't do much with the boys because of my lack of energy.
Anyways, last week the kids learnt about magnets and they had to do a followup experiment at home to see if magnets worked in water.  This morning I took out some magnets and metal objects and gave them a bowl of water and they had so much fun!  I'm not really into science so we didn't talk much about the actual scientific aspect but at least they learned that yes, magnets still work under water.  And as you can see from the look on Ibby's face, they really did have a lot of fun with this simple activity mashallah!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are involving them in "science classes".
    In our family I cannot recall any one of us being good at "science". So this is an excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete