Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hooked on Phonics




MashaAllah Yusuf is showing alot of interest in reading these days. Alhamdulillah he is able to read 3 letter words. I bought this Emaan book series from Sound Vision [where his arabic classes are] and hes enjoying them. My sister in law also lent us her hooked on phonics set which we started yesterday and alhamdulilah hes doing really well. I think its so amazing to watch a child [especially your own] grow and acquire new skills such as reading. SubhanaAllah its a miracle how Allah has created us and giving us the ability to learn. May Allah always increase our children in beneficial knowledge, Ameen.

3 comments:

  1. Ameen to your dua!!

    I was thinking of purchasing Brillskids reading kit(http://www.brillkids.com/onlinestore/lr-deluxe.php but its too expensive on sale for $250)... and at the same time my friend here offered her children's Hooked on phonics... do you thing its helping Yusuf...please advice..should just borrow hers??

    You might like these...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-n5BNRPGQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I illustrated a lot of the Emman series books for Bilal Phillips! (I think I see "The Doll" there - the second book from the top in your picture! I can't find them anywhere for my own LittleOne now. Going to check SoundVision again - thank you!

    ReplyDelete